Jaydan

DefaultThe Horned God (OOC thread)

This is the OOC thread for the Horned God open RP. I don't know how much we'll need it, but it should help keep the OOC chatter down to a minimum in the IC thread. The IC thread and description can be found here.

This is an open RP thread with two main goals: 1) give people an opportunity to try out and get comfortable with new characters (or with RP in general for those new to RP, and 2) give characters a chance to get to know each other in a laid back casual, every day setting.

Roleplaying rules:

Please follow the rules below if you plan on participating in this RP (basically, they come down to being respectful and letting everyone participate equally).

1. Anyone is welcome to join as long as you follow the rules below. You are also welcome to play more than one character, just make sure it's clear in each post who you're RPing at any given time, and anytime you switch characters, you should do so by starting a new post.

2. Stay IC. OOC communication should be placed in double brackets, like this:

((Where exactly are you located in the bar right now?))

Any more involved OOC discussion should take place in this thread.

3. No all powerful characters. This RP is set pre-bee-swallowing. This means that we don't have any special powers yet and none of us have been singled out to be a hero. We're just every day folk. This doesn't mean your character can't have special skills or political or financial influence, but even then, no one is perfect and untouchable.

4. No godmodding. Godmodding occurs when your character controls the decisions, actions, reactions, etc. of other characters or NPCs. If you are interacting with another character, describe what you say or what you are trying to do and then give the other character a chance to respond. For example,

Instead of writing: "Having had a bit too much to drink, Shane stumbles as he walks past Chloe, falling into her and knocking her down. She drops her glass, which shatters, and they end up in a tangle on the floor."...

...you could instead say: "Having had a bit too much to drink, Shane stumbles as he walks past Chloe, falling in her direction, it looks like he could hit her hard enough to knock her down."

Then, it is up to whomever is playing Chloe to decide whether or not Chloe steps out of the way or takes the hit full on and drops her drink, falls, whatever.

5. All NPC characters (staff, law enforcement, etc.) are controlled by me (Jaydan). If players are causing excessive disruptions, they will be spoken to by the staff, or in extreme cases, removed from the club. Participants are expected to comply with these requests - the bouncers are big and strong and the police will be called if necessary and arrests will be made. But, honestly, I want this kind of thing kept to a minimum, the focus here is on getting to know each other in a casual setting, not fighting and causing a scene.

6. Don't steal the show. I know it can be tempting to try to keep the focus on your own characters (we do spend an awful lot of time thinking them up and perfecting them, afterall!), but please make sure that you don't dominate the RP by repeatedly bringing the spotlight back to your character at others' expense. Always having to react to someone else's drama (or just drama in general) gets tiring fast and takes away the enjoyment of the other RPers in the forum.

7. Use basic forum etiquette:

Use proper spelling and grammar - write in full sentences and use whole and complete words.

If you're going to post, make it count - post at least a few lines in a new post. If your character doesn't have much (or any) dialogue for that post, you can always add some flavor text to paint the picture in a little bit more detail. This will provide us with richer material to work from in our responses to each other.
Fiona "Jaydan" Ricoch
Director, Black Fox Investigators

TheOrrery

Winning, will be *great* to get back into this sort of RP again after PnP and a lack of forums for a while!

Also good to see new (haha, I feel so old T-T) faces in TSW community. :3

Jaydan

Whew! That took a lot more time than I expected! Everything is posted now, though! I was going to make the first IC post to get things started, but after all that, I need a break. I'll check in later today. In the meantime, have at it! Hope you guys enjoy it!
Fiona "Jaydan" Ricoch
Director, Black Fox Investigators

JayBrand

I approve of the Horned God being picked

I think this thread, if kept alive, might end up functioning as a out-of-game Horned God. Meaning that what we could have done in-game in the pub/bar we can continue here when we're not playing. And it should mirror events in-game (such as the bee-snacking).
Pax Agnitio - A division of the Pax Gaming community
Jayson "JayBrand" Brand: Lead Rector of Pax Agnitio

Paxgaming.com|Recruitment Thread|How to Join|The Chronicle
Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

MaxThunder

oh damn... with those rules i'd have to create a new character... or at least an alternat version of a character... so i don't think i'll be joining this...

JayBrand

I've been working on a final char for release...a mix of my previous attempts. I feel like I've been working towards him all this time and will try to refine him up towards launch.

This setting is perfect as he is currently in his pre-bee stage.
His bio is on this site yet, but I'll try him out in this setting a bit. Just to get a feeling of him.

(warning: not to be confused with my other char named Varg.)

Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

Lit

Just a question... Lilja is born with powers.. so no bee thing there, she is "born" into the society as well. Is that ok, she isn't one to flaunt her powers, not be god so I hope it's ok

can always make it so that she is not allowed to use them on order from her father or so

JayBrand

As long as she is allowed to party!

Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP

Lit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBrand View Post
As long as she is allowed to party!
Probably not, but hey no parents, so who listens to orders??

JayBrand

Let the horned god play his flute!

Or fiddle depending on your view of who he is...

Illuminati - RP/PVE/PVP