Seki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gezivel View Post
Much clearer description. Do like.

Suggestion - Add the 'null' column for the sections that have zero synergies, for a smidge of extra clarity. (Assault on the Hammer table, for example.)
I updated the table again. Hopefully it's clearer.

Seki

Quote:
Rereading the blog, something else to note is that the 2 states are simply what each weapon PROVIDES, but not necessarily what it can take advantage of...
That is correct. I believe the outer circle likely enables you to make almost any weapon combination come together. The high "synergy" matches identified in the table above would likely primarily increase the variety of abilities you could elect to do this with.

As you noted, there are differing States/Triggers that naturally synergize. For example any of the Damage mitigation types identified in the master table. So with Hammers and Chaos you could combine Evasion, Blocking, and Weaken together. Similarly different kinds of heals will augment each other. Different kinds of States/Triggers will also impact the effectiveness of each type of healing. For example, any of the States/Triggers that boost DPS will enhance Leech healing.

TheChosenOne

The Venetian

This looks complicated...
And I LIKE IT!
If you have any questions, need any help in-game, or just want someone to play and chat with: Check out The Sanctuary Website, Twitter and Announcement Thread.

▲Proud member of Agnitio and the Illuminati.▲

blackbrrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
And I LIKE IT!
This made me laugh - in a good way!

To me the character development system,the previews from dungeons and the puzzle quests makes me look at TSW as a MMORPG where you are rewarded for coming up with ideas and using your head, not just for grinding.

I hadn't realized that you would generate resources for both equipped weapons when using builders. When I did, it blew me away. It's such a neat system and adds so much depth to the builds, it's just awesome!

KajanKhemnen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
And I LIKE IT!
this!
so much this!!!

hm, I might have to reconsider that assault-rifle + blood magic build I intended to start out with, looks as if it would be a challenge to gain lower synergys then that
Well, atleast they both DoT

MaxThunder

@blackbrrd: You meant to write "laugh"...

Quote:
Rereading the blog, something else to note is that the 2 states are simply what each weapon PROVIDES, but not necessarily what it can take advantage of.

Assault Rifle (Hinder/Afflict), combined with Hammers or Chaos (Impaired/Weakened), would allow me to put any or all of the four states up for teammates to take advantage of.

Edit - If my logic is correct, it actually gives Blades+Shotgun very good synergy after a fashion, at least for the soloing. Snared with penetrating blasts till it gets to you with some sort of debuff reducing it's outbound damage, followed by knocking it on it's rump and making it bleed with even more penetration.
hm... i guess you're right... damn i'm so hyped for this game right now...

Rabenschwinge

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxThunder View Post
ah now i get it=)... and i feel even stupidi...er... ror... ra... even more stupid...

hm... blades and shotguns doesn't look very synergistic... challenge accepted...
Shotgun looks a bit ... unsynergistic anyway. There is only one other weapon that has three things in common (many weapons have two different weapons for which that is true). And no weapon has a trigger and a state and a subtype in common.

If you add blood magic to it you could focus on passives that profit from penetrating hits... given that the synergy between blood magic and blades is very strong, shotgun would be merely a third weapon after those two, though. You'd primarily impair or afflict state with blood magic and blades, penetrating trigger with all three, and focus with blood magic and blades.

If you want to focus on shotgun as primary... I see no way to bring a blades in. You'd have to use hammers or elementalism, so you'd use weaken (damage mitigation) as primary state if you use hammers or hinder (crowd control) if you use elementalism... None of them is an option for blades, though. Same goes for subtypes, options would be blast and / or strike, neither of which is possible with blades.
One must still have chaos in oneself in order to give birth to a dancing star.

Macbethdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabenschwinge View Post
I am also curious how this enables you to switch a build by starting to develop skills in a different direction than you previously did. Suppose I have fist, chaos, blade build but want to switch to pistols, elementalism... That's possible, but you would have to switch your primary state instantly, from Impair to Afflict if you want to start out with elementalism and have to get along with a lot less synergy for a while - or simply not include your new abilities in your active build and learn skills in background without really using them...
This is the only way I can see it being possible, by effectively "saving" ability points to spend on a new build. Or by slowly branching from one skill to another that synergises well with it - i.e. Having a Chaos/Fists build, then spending some points in Assault, to create an Assault/Fists build.

What worries me the most, is the sheer amount of gear and weapons that will be needed to have multiple decks. I mean sure, it is supposed to be easily managed in-game, I just hope that this is the case.

By "endgame", to really have a good number of builds available to use, you are going to require the same number of gear sets as builds. As well as an appropriate level of gear to suit the difficulty of encounters.

MaxThunder

I'm gonna have blades as primary and a secondary shotgun=)...

Macbethdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seki View Post
That is correct. I believe the outer circle likely enables you to make almost any weapon combination come together. The high "synergy" matches identified in the table above would likely primarily increase the variety of abilities you could elect to do this with.

As you noted, there are differing States/Triggers that naturally synergize. For example any of the Damage mitigation types identified in the master table. So with Hammers and Chaos you could combine Evasion, Blocking, and Weaken together. Similarly different kinds of heals will augment each other. Different kinds of States/Triggers will also impact the effectiveness of each type of healing. For example, any of the States/Triggers that boost DPS will enhance Leech healing.
This could prove to be extremely interesting in terms of endgame raiding. You could have set players with builds that don't particularly synergise well with each other, providing the different states for other players to take advantage of with builds of their own that don't particularly synergise well either. I can imagine the possibility for some devastating "combos" to evolve and could make PVP extremely strategic too.