lonewolfers

DefaultWhat is End Game?

I mean I have hunted through these forums for anyone actually asking what end game involves. I mean I hate the term 'end game' because the journey should be the fun part but inevitably you will hit level cap and then its time to look at alternative forms of enjoying the game with your character.

So apart from the obvious raid bosses and battlegrounds what exactly is there to set the end game apart from other releases such as Tera's Vanarch political system or Guild Wars Server vs Server vs Server persistent PvP zone mechanics?

Because as far as I can see this seems to be riding down the road of SWTOR which bragged about unique systems and interesting changes, but when everyone got to endgame none of those aspects mattered as they found that there were only minimal Raids which were broken and PvP which was terribly repetitive due to the lack of battlegrounds or large PvP zones

Bernhart

The whole game is essentially endgame.

Kazzamo

Well for one there are no levels so "level cap" is the wrong term, but I'm assuming you mean hitting max skill ranks to use rank 10 weapons and talismans. There is always finishing out the rest of the ability wheel, and increasing ranks for other weapons, there are persistent warzones that give a faction wide buff to the holders, there are hard and nightmare class dungeons, and "true mob" camps.

babylon

And hunting clothes

Pimsley

Sounds semi sandboxish to me, which of course is a great thing considering today's MMO flooded, carrot on a stick market.

VladDraco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimsley View Post
Sounds semi sandboxish to me, which of course is a great thing considering today's MMO flooded, carrot on a stick market.
It is sandbox, that's the whole point...

FranklyShankly

Quote:
Originally Posted by VladDraco View Post
It is sandbox, that's the whole point...
It's not a sandbox at all really. It's a theme park with a new class system.

tomcat33

the realization that this "game" is actually a faction testing ground, from which, if you are successful, you will be initiated into the real world actual faction and given a high position from which to help RULE THE WORLD!!!

lol, ok maybe that's too much, but it'd be an awsome endgame,no?

mstone482

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat33 View Post
the realization that this "game" is actually a faction testing ground, from which, if you are successful, you will be initiated into the real world actual faction and given a high position from which to help RULE THE WORLD!!!

Lol yeah but that would be awesome any real Illuminati out there I'm ready and willing to join

babylon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomcat33 View Post

Assuming they gave us a job clicking hostile targets to death and/or looking up random stuff on the internet, then yep - we'd be well-qualified