Sensou

Sorry, forgot to post this...

http://www.darkdemonscrygaia.com/sho...707#post751707 - Sensou, "The Silver-Eyed Wolf."

Mr.Dynogamer

Just wanted to make sure that you knew that my rp characters bio is in my sig.

DivinityOne

Yep I saw it there.

Jeboboid

Mine's in my sig too, just copy it into the destination bar thingy and it should work

Mattelieu

Sounds interesting. I've never really RP'd before, maybe I should give it a go.

My bio: http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...postcount=1260
An armed society is a polite society
—Robert A. Heinlein

Charlemagne

Bleh. Now's my first opportunity to fix my long-outdated bio. Might not have enough time angkjlnwiehjtgiwjevkndgklvnsaio;gwh
Well, since my baby left me,
I've found a new place to dwell,
It's down at the end of Lonely Street,
At Heartbreak Hotel.

DivinityOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlemagne View Post
Bleh. Now's my first opportunity to fix my long-outdated bio. Might not have enough time angkjlnwiehjtgiwjevkndgklvnsaio;gwh
I plan to decide either tonight after 12pm EST, or tomorrow morning. I know there are still a few people that still want to add their bio. The RP would start sometime tomorrow regardless.

Rayn Faustus

Have you decided whether to include powers or not? I'm curious because it may affect some people's backgrounds.

DivinityOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayn Faustus View Post
Have you decided whether to include powers or not? I'm curious because it may affect some people's backgrounds.
I think natural powers will fit, I'm hesitant to allow fully developed combat/experienced power sets though. For example, my character doesn't have any special powers at all except her natural perceptiveness... now some people have LOTS of powers, like wind that can cut through steel etc. Now if a conflict where to start between my character and theirs... well I'm just kinda SOL.

What I'm getting at is i don't want to give someone an unfair advantage over others at the beginning of the RP, were survival is concerned. I want players to feel trapped, helpless, and vulnerable to danger. For this reason everyone starts of with nothing but a flashlight, no weapons or tools. To let someone start of with their 'magical' weapons intact while the normal players are helpless, doesn't seem quite right.

Still, powers are a huge part of some poeples bio's as you said. To pretty much say no to power use is also unfair to those characters. I need to find a middle-ground, if anyone has a suggestion please voice it. I do not want to cut powers, i just want to keep things on even footing for every character, don't one a 'superman' to emerge so to speak.

Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivinityOne View Post
I think natural powers will fit, I'm hesitant to allow fully developed combat/experienced power sets though. For example, my character doesn't have any special powers at all except her natural perceptiveness... now some people have LOTS of powers, like wind that can cut through steel etc. Now if a conflict where to start between my character and theirs... well I'm just kinda SOL.

What I'm getting at is i don't want to give someone an unfair advantage over others at the beginning of the RP, were survival is concerned. I want players to feel trapped, helpless, and vulnerable to danger. For this reason everyone starts of with nothing but a flashlight, no weapons or tools. To let someone start of with their 'magical' weapons intact while the normal players are helpless, doesn't seem quite right.

Still, powers are a huge part of some poeples bio's as you said. To pretty much say no to power use is also unfair to those characters. I need to find a middle-ground, if anyone has a suggestion please voice it. I do not want to cut powers, i just want to keep things on even footing for every character, don't one a 'superman' to emerge so to speak.
Well I guess that means my half-demon half-angel half-vampire werewolf character raised by elves is out... Would it help my case if I said he's the son of a fallen dragon god, wears all back, and has eyes that change colors? Also he dual-wields full size machine guns.

DISCLAIMER: I'm kidding. :P
Well, since my baby left me,
I've found a new place to dwell,
It's down at the end of Lonely Street,
At Heartbreak Hotel.