bcbully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
It's not about building to counter one guys CCs. It's about a group of 4 guys who can keep your healer stun locked all the time. Is the healer suppose to spec with 4 active cc breakers?
The healer should be CCd in that scenario, but with diminishing returns. 4 guys who time 4 CCs should be able to shut you down for a period of time.

Time your break right and this even increase your benefit from the DR shortening that time. For example eat the first, break the second let DR handle the 3 and there will most likely not be an effective forth.

eidt-
I really think a lot of people who played TOR did not understand DR or the resolve system.

Hejjin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
Yes daoc has lots of cc, including very long mezzes compared to modern mmos. But.... they broke on damage. I like cc, it makes pvp more tactical, but for large scale pvp its nonsense to try counters and stuff from arena games like wow, they just don't scale up to large scale pvp, whereas break on damage is a simple rule that scales to all levels of pvp, you loose a bit of twitch at the arena end if the scale, but tsw doesn't have arena anyway.
Hmmm

Mezzes have always broke on damage...that is why they are mezzes and not stuns...DAoC had both types of CC. DAoC had counters to CC prior to WoW coming out, so yes those abilities can scale to large pvp battles...

JerryC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbully View Post
The healer should be CC but with diminishing returns. 4 guys who time 4 CCs should be able to shut you down for a period of time.

Time your break right and this even increase your benefit from the DR shortening that time. For example eat the first, break the second let DR handle the 3 and there will most likely not be aneffective forth.
i have no problems with people shutting down a healer like this while they kill his team mates. Thats called tactics.

What i dont like is - single guy goes up - CCs healer, healer is under a 5 second CC, single guy kills him while hes CC as he cant heal or move or fight back while hes taking damage.

scale it up to large scale PVP, everone CCs a healer - then they just aoe bomb the healers, too easy, too much "everyone kill the healers"

Hard CC should break imediately upon damage.
things like snares and move / damage / heal barbs should have DR

Jimbomcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafkin View Post
It's not about building to counter one guys CCs. It's about a group of 4 guys who can keep your healer stun locked all the time. Is the healer suppose to spec with 4 active cc breakers?
why do you have 1 person set aside solely as a healer spec with nothing else but healing in TSW pvp?

if you run that way then the healer deserves to get locked down and too bad for the team that tried such

bcbully

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryC View Post
i have no problems with people shutting down a healer like this while they kill his team mates. Thats called tactics.

What i dont like is - single guy goes up - CCs healer, healer is under a 5 second CC, single guy kills him while hes CC as he cant heal or move or fight back while hes taking damage.

scale it up to large scale PVP, everone CCs a healer - then they just aoe bomb the healers, too easy, too much "everyone kill the healers"

Hard CC should break imediately upon damage.
things like snares and move / damage / heal barbs should have DR
I'm not opposed to CC breaking on damage. Getting 100-0 in the span of a CC (globaled) means something is out of whack.

edit- by the same token if all CC broke on damage then it would be largly worthless in a Opvp setting or any time there is a huge face off. Unless your large group is on vent and is skilled enough not to break.

I'm not sure ALL CC should break on ANY damage.

edit- Wild guess you play melee huh? I'm not falling for all that "I care about the healer stuff"

Sneakybuffalo

Actually as far I'm aware. Mezzes don't exist in this game

And there are definitely stuns that don't break on damage. Knock ups, knockdowns for example

There are also your everyday stuns, and ability lockouts

I believe those are the four categories within Impair

bcbully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneakybuffalo View Post
Actually as far I'm aware. Mezzes don't exist in this game

And there are definitely stuns that don't break on damage. Knock ups, knockdowns for example

There are also your everyday stuns, and ability lockouts

I believe those are the four categories within Impair
Cool beans. wait (just looked up mezzes lol) there should be some for variety sake...

Agitated-

His stuns are, OVER 9000!

JerryC

Quote:
edit- by the same token if all CC broke on damage then it would be largly worthless in a Opvp setting or any time there is a huge face off. Unless your large group is on vent and is skilled enough not to break.
thats my point - stops mindless AOE spam beeing effective. Makes it more skilled.

Sneakybuffalo

Quote:
Cool beans. wait (just looked up mezzes lol) there should be some for variety sake...
Yeah, taking CCng out of the equation when doing dungeons is kinda disappointing