Jaxel

DefaultThe Secret World needs some SERIOUS advertising!

The Secret World needs some SERIOUS advertising!

What do I mean by that? In the weeks upcoming to TERA's release, I swear those were the ONLY ads I was seeing on any of the gaming websites... hell for that matter, they bought ad-space on MY website, which is about Soulcalibur! TERA did some SERIOUS advertising and because of it, it got a lot of hype; much of it due in part with it's open public beta during the last weekends.

Sadly, for TERA though, the betas didn't help them. All it really did was to show people that while the combat engine itself was very different and excellent, everything else was a generic by the numbers MMO. The game clearly focused on the grind procedure of an eastern MMO, while simultaneously flaunting the irrelevance of leveling up and story of western MMOs.

TSW is finally an MMO with the chance to be different... I myself got the collector's edition of Age of Conan when it first came out, but even I quit it after a few months. TSW is different, and you guys should be letting people know it! Hell, if I'm permitted, when I get the TSW Beta, I will be streaming it live on my popular Twitch.TV channel: http://twitch.tv/8wayrun

Lambchopz

What do you think TSWar is?

That said, it's funny you mention streaming, because I was planning to put some videos up on youtube or something, possibly with commentary of some of the early content.
Katrina "Katalyst" Kruschevitz - Dragon/Cerberus
.PathLess.
harmonia avia lustrat chao ad finem
|| pvp || pve ||

Jaxel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchopz View Post

That said, it's funny you mention streaming, because I was planning to put some videos up on youtube or something, possibly with commentary of some of the early content.
You mean a Facebook game? 99% of people completely ignore most Facebook games. TSWar isn't even that good of a facebook game, you don't really play anything... its like an Excel Spreadsheet with a clever looking skin.

hateconan

Hey i really like what you both are doing to help promote the product. Wish more people got involved.

I am trying to hold small competitions where i give a copy away to someone. For now i have one copy to give away by May.10 and if won then will push another copy the 2wks after and until release...

Hivemind!

If beta weekends make people interested then those people will do a better job at advertising. Overhype is bad.

FranklyShankly

Yes, FC needs to gear up the marketing.

I mentioned the option of beta access to TSW in a GW2 thread on reddit, and the only response I got was "What's TSW?" If people active enough in mmo's to post on the GW2 subreddit have never even heard of this game, that's not a good sign for the marketing efforts so far.

Darkling

I have seen how the whining set enmasse on a course to remove pretty much every single fun unique feature of tera.
Dont want a horde of (WoW) whiners ruining TSW because the cant wrap their head around the concept of classless and level-less play

JerryC

i think the floodgates will open with the beta weekend

JerryC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranklyShankly View Post
Yes, FC needs to gear up the marketing.

I mentioned the option of beta access to TSW in a GW2 thread on reddit, and the only response I got was "What's TSW?" If people active enough in mmo's to post on the GW2 subreddit have never even heard of this game, that's not a good sign for the marketing efforts so far.
i still think TSW will sell more than TERA

Jimbomcw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambchopz View Post

this^

the best advertising will be player made vids on you tube once the game is launched

classless? what.....

etc etc

No amount of commercial advertising is really going to get over that hurdle for many till they can see actual play via the player made vids