Edzilla

DefaultBest end-game Hammer/Chaos Tank spec?

Here's my crack at it. I'm not sure what a good amount of threat abilities are. I'm having zero trouble atm, but I also use Provoke to hold aggro when i'm kiting bosses around and such. My best solution to that would be to take provoke again, or Stone's throw.

Any suggestions/thoughts from people with more experience would be appreciated.

http://thesecretsandbox.com/Deck?abi...0,317,464,1034
Last edited by Edzilla; 07-11-2012 at 10:43 PM.
"Mess with the best, die like the rest."

Edzilla
Blade / Chaos - Tank ||| Assault Rifle / Shot Gun, Pistol, or Elemental - DPS
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire

Edzilla

Bumpity bump.

Edzilla
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire

Azulteus

Thank you for sharing your build, but i'd like to suggest you don't use "best" to describe a spec.

Now, a question: Isn't aftershock and the escalation passive a bit redundant? It's the same buff, and you can keep it 100% up with escalation, so why have aftershock as your ST consumer?

Also, since i haven't done all those dungeons yet, i may lack experience, but i'm gonna ask anyway: Are ALL those 3 support abilities really necessary? Since i feel that not using chaos resources is inefficient.
"Your gift is adaptability. Do not squander it. If you allow yourself only one response, you will be as these fallen soldiers. Firing blindly into the howling night." - The Dragon

Edzilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azulteus View Post
Thank you for sharing your build, but i'd like to suggest you don't use "best" to describe a spec.

Now, a question: Isn't aftershock and the escalation passive a bit redundant? It's the same buff, and you can keep it 100% up with escalation, so why have aftershock as your ST consumer?

Also, since i haven't done all those dungeons yet, i may lack experience, but i'm gonna ask anyway: Are ALL those 3 support abilities really necessary? Since i feel that not using chaos resources is inefficient.
I didn't know that minor wards do not stack. I will have to think of a different consumer then. Any suggestions?

The title of my thread wasn't implying this is the best build, it was a question. As in, what is the best build and is this one in the right direction.

As for support abilities, I rotate the defensive cooldowns so I can have one up every fight, or on boss fights I just pop them on CD or if they are going to use a big damage ability. I haven't used Unstoppable force yet, since I don't have it - I just assumed it would be nice to have for nasty abilities and such.
Last edited by Edzilla; 07-11-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Edzilla
Dimension - Grim
Cabal - Grimoire

gundamemo

Think based on all the data we've seen so far, Sword/Chao is the best end game tank spec with passive from hammer and other places. Block seem to be the worst defensive stat there is.