Hard-Candy

DefaultOptimized Fist/Chaos Burst DPS

*Credit also goes to my brother Mynxx, who also made and runs this build (and variants of it).

I've been optimizing this for a couple weeks and to date I can't find anything to outparse it. The gist of the build is to use the typical layout of one builder + 2 consumers, which leaves us room to run 3 (count'em, three) cooldown DPS buffs AND confuse for agro reduction. Do or Die is more DPS than any other elite ability in the game, hands down, no question, and coupled with reckless and amor fati that's 55% damage increase with 25% uptime (comes out to 13.75% overall dps increase). No other "filler" actives will give you that. As for passives, the flat %damage increasers simply scale better with gear than the reactive procs (extra hit on penetrate, etc). To this effect you'll see that we've taken abilities from all over the wheel that pump up damage by a flat %, including closer and predator (which, when paired with adrenalise, are extremely effective passives). This is not a "cheap" build, AP-wise, so be prepared to grind for a while if you don't have most of it unlocked already.

Example parse: Fusang Golem
http://i46.tinypic.com/2ih9lw9.jpg

Gear: 3x QL10.0 epic attack minors, 2x QL10.0 epic attack majors, 1x QL10.0 blue attack major, QL10.0 epic attack head, blue QL10.0 347 fist+chaos weps, no signets inserted yet
Stats: 595.1 combat power, 2929 AR, 347 wep power, 309 hit, 720 pen, 0 crit, 0 crit power

Curious to see what this build can crank with epic weapons? So am I 6/9 QL10.0 epic leaves a LOT of room for improvement.

Edit: Added my farm and pvp builds, by request.

1. PVE (GROUP) Weapons: Fist/Chaos
- Link to Deck

Actives
1. Confuse
2. Prey on the Weak
3. One-Two
4. Four Horsemen
5. Do or Die
6. Reckless
7. Amor Fati

Passives
1. Adrenalise
2. Improved Bursts
3. Follow Through
4. Closer
5. Predator
6. Ferocity
7. Twist the Knife

Viper's Deck Manager Import:
Code:
VDM%-%7494898%-%5784459%-%6942570%-%7094295%-%7494892%-%6942579%-%7094289%-%6942584%-%6839414%-%6942571%-%6942485%-%5782607%-%6942573%-%7080596
2. PVE (FARM) Weapons: Fist/Chaos
- Link to Deck

Actives
1. Go for the Throat
2. Prey on the Weak
3. One-Two
4. Four Horsemen
5. Bushwhack
6. Muzzle
7. Reckless

Passives
1. Adrenalise
2. Improved Bursts
3. Follow Through
4. Closer
5. Predator
6. Tipped Scales
7. Immortal Spirit

Code:
VDM%-%5776227%-%5784459%-%6942570%-%7094295%-%6942583%-%6943031%-%6942579%-%6942584%-%6839414%-%6942571%-%6942485%-%5782607%-%7080614%-%5777459
I use this build to kill 15000hp elites in a few seconds.. absolutely zero downtime..typically taking between 0 to 2 hits total, which the 2 heal passives make up for. Ferocity and TTK don't work very well in farming situations, since we have to run from mob to mob, the buffs fall off and the mobs die too quickly to keep them stacked up - inviting a perfect opportunity to have a bit of self healing in the farm build.

Because Prey on the Weak builds an additional resource on impaired targets, when coupled with adrenalise, the rotation for farming/pvp becomes:

One-Two (Start with this since fist resources regenerate out of combat)
PotW (2 fist, 1 chaos)
Impair
PotW (5 fist, 2 chaos)
One-Two
PotW (3 fist, 3 chaos) *impair wears off*
PotW (5 fist, 4 chaos)
One-Two
PotW (2 fist, 5 chaos)
PotW (4 fist, 5 chaos)
One-Two + Four Horsemen
Repeat

That's 5 consumers for 6 builders (starting with full resource bar from out of combat regen.. otherwise it's 4 consumers for 6 builders), fun stuff.. no other build comes close to this for farming.

One thing to note - my parsing has shown that using 4 point One-Two's does very similar dps to using 5 point One-Two's. What I mean is you'll do the same DPS if you use 3 globals to build a 5 point One-Two as you do using 2 globals to build a 4 point One-Two. I use that to my advantage to have a cleaner rotation (as shown above, that's why I use a 4 point one-two at the end, to clean things up and get back to 0-0 resources) instead of having an entirely dynamic rotation. Choice is yours how you play it.

3. PVP - Weapons: Fist/Chaos
- Link to Deck

Actives
1. Go for the Throat
2. Prey on the Weak
3. One-Two
4. Four Horsemen
5. Bushwhack
6. Helter Skelter
7. Sleight of Hand

Passives
1. Adrenalise
2. Improved Bursts
3. Follow Through
4. Closer
5. Predator
6. Pattern Recognition
7. Sudden Return

Code:
VDM%-%5776227%-%5784459%-%6942570%-%7094295%-%6942583%-%7094287%-%7494887%-%6942584%-%6839414%-%6942571%-%6942485%-%5782607%-%7094286%-%7080605

*See note at bottom of farm build, it's relevant. One difference in the rotation is that for pvp I often lead with an impair (usually bushwack for the charge).

Side note - Funcom, please nurf impairs in pvp. Shit's out of control.
Last edited by Hard-Candy; 07-30-2012 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Added Farm and PVP builds.

Krytical

Very good build. I use something very similar to this (I use Fever Pitch and replaced Armor Fati with an interrupt). It has one of the highest "theoretical DPS" that I've been able to parse. and probably the highest out of all the melee DPS I've played with. With the right gear it can easily hit 2k DPS on fights with no mobility, but it drops steeply on high mobility fights.

It's solid for PvP too, since you only need Prey on the Weak and One-Two to kill anything with less than 4k HP and you can devote the rest of your actives to impairs (which there is no shortage of in fists/chaos).
Critikal | Templar | Cerberus

Hard-Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krytical View Post
Very good build. I use something very similar to this (I use Fever Pitch and replaced Armor Fati with an interrupt). It has one of the highest "theoretical DPS" that I've been able to parse. and probably the highest out of all the melee DPS I've played with. With the right gear it can easily hit 2k DPS on fights with no mobility, but it drops steeply on high mobility fights.

It's solid for PvP too, since you only need Prey on the Weak and One-Two to kill anything with less than 4k HP and you can devote the rest of your actives to impairs (which there is no shortage of in fists/chaos).
Yep, I have 4 variants of chaos/fist for various situations - an impair heavy (actives and passives) version with minor self healing for solo farming, a different impair heavy pvp-centric build for cheesing up the worthless TSW pvp, a fun aoe build based on impairs/etc, and then this one.

Technically if you wanted to do more DPS you could drop confuse... but you'll rip agro. Especially if your tank is applying escalation's debuff and/or your groupmates have groupwide damage increasers. I suggest losing whatever dps you would gain by putting a DD cooldown in it's place, and keep confuse. One exception is I sometimes run bushwack in it's place for mobility, but it counts as an impair counter on bosses, be careful not to max it out and screw a necessary interrupt.
Last edited by Hard-Candy; 07-27-2012 at 07:30 PM.

Hard-Candy

bump in case anyone cares

Deterrence

How much hit does the build require in Nightmares?

Monstein

What is the pvp deck of this? I'd love to see it.
/jazzhands is the new /wave

Celynx

Looks very nice.

Couple questions though:

1) What are your priorities for stats on gear?
2) Are you able to use this in NM dungeons successfully? Getting disheartened hearing range DPS is only viable DPSer in NM.

Hard-Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monstein View Post
What is the pvp deck of this? I'd love to see it.
Added farm and pvp builds. See the description, it's sorta important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celynx View Post
Looks very nice.

Couple questions though:

1) What are your priorities for stats on gear?
2) Are you able to use this in NM dungeons successfully? Getting disheartened hearing range DPS is only viable DPSer in NM.
1) Hit and Penetrate. Glances remove our passive buff and reduce four horsemen's bonus damage, so we don't want to miss. Penetrate counters block chance. None of the passives/actives exploit crits or penetrates, so I guess it's really up to you, but my preference is penetrate (especially for NM end bosses with their insane block chance). Keep in mind there is some debate about whether or not hit is currently functioning properly, so read up and decide for yourself. I suggest getting a parsing tool to help make up your mind.

2) Yes, and I run them in pure dps gear. It's possible, but you have to pay more attention than your ranged counterparts. One issue is that dps falls off on highly mobile fights. For those, I often switch in gap closers like bushwack, helter skelter, stuff out of the misc tree, etc. to have better damage uptime. You have 3 active slots with this build that can be easily switched out depending on the fight (amor fati, do or die, and reckless) - adjust as necessary. When it comes to adjusting passives, ferocity and twist the knife are first to go - they contribute the least to your DPS out of the passives. Good passives to swap in include Subtlety (agro reduc), Crap Shoot (passive purge), Fever Pitch (hit buff), or self healing passives.
Last edited by Hard-Candy; 07-29-2012 at 10:21 AM.

-Lady3Jane-

wait are you seriously advocating garbage passives such as crap shoot and self healing passives that heal you for 10 hit points per second over a flat 18% dmg increase you get from ferocity and twist the knife for NMs? You just lost all credibility with that statement.

Hard-Candy

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Lady3Jane- View Post
wait are you seriously advocating garbage passives such as crap shoot and self healing passives that heal you for 10 hit points per second over a flat 18% dmg increase you get from ferocity and twist the knife for NMs? You just lost all credibility with that statement.
slow your roll kiddo - read what i actually wrote and what the purpose of that entire paragraph was, about alternatives to tweak the build for various circumstances. the primary build (the best version of the build) is posted in the OP, and yes it has ferocity and TTK.
Last edited by Hard-Candy; 07-29-2012 at 05:48 PM.
̿' ̿'\̵͇̿̿\з=(◕_◕)=ε/̵͇̿̿/'̿'̿ ̿
Optimized Chaos/Fist Burst DPS Build