SacredFool

Default[Official] 3 questions you would ask at the GDC

Imagine you won the lottery and got a chance to go to the GDC and ask Ragnar 3 questions which he would have to answer (as long as they are TSW related )

So... what would they be?

Mine are:
  • To my surprise the feedback on forums about ingame advertising has been very positive, with people coming to conclusions they would rather see Pepsi then some imaginary Ghost-a-Cola. Is TSW willing to seize the opportunity?

• Are the dungeons in TSW going to be open world/multiple groups per dungeon (like Anarchy Online) or will they be fully instanced with each group having it's own dungeon (like in Age of Conan?

• How will TSW address the fact many people would like TSW to focus on many social events and generally provide varied social platforms in the main cities? There have been many recollections of great parties in Anarchy Online, it's bars, other games' player housing and so on. It's obviously something which 100% fits in with the "more casual" approach you mention in your interviews. Obviously, not everything can be there at launch, so I would like to know what to prepare for.

Heh.. hoping some of the stuff might make it into the Dev diaries at some reveal, if questions seem to be recurring themes.

_______________________QUESTIONS TALLY________________________________
  • Will TSW provide an abundance of Social Events (like current ARGs but ingame) and will there be bars/pubs where we can drink/smoke/gamble/party? 17
  • Are skills advanced through training them, investing Advancement Points, quests or other? 16
  • To what extent will we be able to customise weapons armour and characters? 13
  • How large is Hollow Earth (PvP areas) compared to the surface (PvE areas) and does it provide the same amount of opportunities to advance the character? 11
  • How will non-combat characters advance, and will we be able to have non-combat (social) pets? 9
Will TSW gameplay utilise modern technology like MP3s, mobiles, TV, Internet and so on? 5
How will cross society PvE look? 5
Will servers be segregated based on location NA/EU? 5
Will TSW have fully instanced or multi-group dungeons? 4
Will there be ingame Vehicles? 3
What will combat look like? 4
Will there be "original" high-end Bosses (eg: special abilities like screen communication distortion) or perhaps ones that don't look dangerous (Anarchy Online leets, or other seemingly "innocent") 3
What other locations will there be in TSW? 4
Will there be crafting and science researches? 3
Will there be individual player housing? 3
Ingame Grind
Independent faction
Ingame Advertisement
Action or Horror Theme?
Day Night cycle/weather
Magic Items
Voice Acting
How does TSW stay secret?
Ingame Currency
Localised language versions
Differences between PC and Xbox 360

Today, 03:35 PM #128 SacredFool

SacredFool

Imagine you won the lottery and got a chance to go to the GDC and ask Ragnar 3 questions which he would have to answer (as long as they are TSW related )

Mine are:
  • To my surprise the feedback on forums about ingame advertising has been very positive, with people coming to conclusions they would rather see Pepsi then some imaginary Ghost-a-Cola. Is TSW willing to seize the opportunity?

• Are the dungeons in TSW going to be open world/multiple groups per dungeon (like Anarchy Online) or will they be fully instanced with each group having it's own dungeon (like in Age of Conan?

• How will TSW address the fact many people would like TSW to focus on many social events and generally provide varied social platforms in the main cities? There have been many recollections of great parties in Anarchy Online, it's bars, other games' player housing and so on. It's obviously something which 100% fits in with the "more casual" approach you mention in your interviews. Obviously, not everything can be there at launch, so I would like to know what to prepare for.

Heh.. hoping some of the stuff might make it into the Dev diaries at some reveal, if questions seem to be recurring themes.

• Will TSW provide an abundance of Social Events (like current ARGs but ingame) and will there be bars/pubs where we can drink/smoke/gamble/party? 17
  • Are skills advanced through training them, investing Advancement Points, quests or other? 16
  • How large is Hollow Earth (PvP areas) compared to the surface (PvE areas) and does it provide the same amount of opportunities to advance the character? 11
  • How will non-combat characters advance, and will we be able to have non-combat (social) pets? 9
Will TSW gameplay utilise modern technology like MP3s, mobiles, TV, Internet and so on? 5
Will there be "original" high-end Bosses (eg: special abilities like screen communication distortion) or perhaps ones that don't look dangerous (Anarchy Online leets, or other seemingly "innocent") 3
Ingame Grind
Independent faction
Ingame Advertisement
Action or Horror Theme?
Day Night cycle/weather
Magic Items
Voice Acting
Ingame Currency

SacredFool

Mine are:

Ingame Grind
Independent faction
Ingame Advertisement
Action or Horror Theme?
Day Night cycle/weather
Magic Items
Voice Acting
Ingame Currency

AlexanderFG

Mine

1. How will the cha creator be like?

2. Will we be able to have pets, like dogs, birds, etc which can be yoused for fight or social life?

3. When will TSW come out?

AlexanderFG

Mine

2. Will we be able to have pets, like dogs, birds, etc which can be yoused for fight or social life?

AlexanderFG

Mine

Fallen Seraph

For myself:
  • You have stated that one can pursue numerous ways of playing the game including non-combat. Such as investigations. I would like to hear how this will actually be implemented; be it items, skills, specific gameplay interfaces (like being able to focus on a artefact and study it), the kind of missions we could see (be it murders, ARGs, etc.)?

• You have talked about the Hollow Earth and its PvP. Given how big a environment a Hollow Earth would be and how much it has tied into the ARGs and plot. Could there be PvE environments and gameplay?

• Could you give some descriptions about how one actually learns new skills. We know it is something that is varied and has a more horizontal system. But how is it actually done within the game itself?
These questions could also potentially be asked if someone went to the Sneak Peek on March 16.

Fallen Seraph

For myself:
  • You have stated that one can pursue numerous ways of playing the game including non-combat. Such as investigations. I would like to hear how this will actually be implemented; be it items, skills, specific gameplay interfaces (like being able to focus on a artefact and study it), the kind of missions we could see (be it murders, ARGs, etc.)?

• You have talked about the Hollow Earth and its PvP. Given how big a environment a Hollow Earth would be and how much it has tied into the ARGs and plot. Could there be PvE environments and gameplay?

• Could you give some descriptions about how one actually learns new skills. We know it is something that is varied and has a more horizontal system. But how is it actually done within the game itself?
These questions could also potentially be asked if someone went to the Sneak Peek on March 16.

Fallen Seraph

For myself:

Malkov

1. It's been mentioned you are designing the game to cater more to casual playing, where you can plug in and jump right into the game, enjoy it for a while and walk away. How do you intend to balance out story with content so players who do want to spend the time game have things to do?

2. Is the game still going to focus on a classless skill based system or will it be designed to have players focus on filling different rolls in a group?

3. Will PvP be instanced or will we have open world PVP in at least some of the zones?